Friday, February 13, 2015

DIY: Momma G's Bullet Journal Inspired DIY Planner

DIY Planner
by Miss Momma G



Ever since I could remember, I have been using planners as a way to keep myself organized. However, I just can't seem to find one that suits me, or works the way I need it to,  So I just made my own!  I really love the planners from GreenRoomEco that I found from Target last year but now I can't seem to find them at the store!  A real bummer!  I loved that it was made with recycled paper and there was a hard cover on either side.  What it lacked for me though was a weekly view that focused on my Life Areas of interest and a place for my brain dump, a collection of notes and things I want to get out of my head and on paper.  

So when I couldn't find what I wanted, I just bought a planner for the time being but later decided to make my own.  I got inspired by what they call the Bullet Journal.  So I adapted that concept and made my own version.

To start off I had to decide on what kind of journal that I wanted to use.  I really liked the Markings Bonded Leather journals by CRGibson.  They are a little expensive but I like that it has an elastic Band Closure to keep journal closed, a cute ribbon marker, and an awesome accordion Style Storage Pocket on the inside of back cover where I can keep stickers, papers and post-its in!  Most of all I really like the fact that the paper is acid & lignin free and made with soy inks!

I gathered all of the supplies I thought I might need.  Stapler, tape, washi tape, markers, post-its, tabs, other planner pages, stickers, pens, etc.

So next, was the most time consuming!  I had to decide what "sections" I wanted and to estimate how many pages I would need for each section.  It took a while but I am happy with the results.  I ended up with the following sections:

  1. Index
    • approximately 4-5 pages
    • this is a list of topics and their page numbers where I can quickly find what I am looking for
  2. Yearly Overview
    • approximately 1-2 pages
    • I cut out a page from a calendar and taped it in
  3. Important Dates to Remember
  4. Tentative Schedule
    • approximately one side of a 2 page spread
    • schedule is printed out and taped in 
  5. Journal Key
    • approximately one side of a 2 page spread
  6. Monthly Calendar 
    • 2 page spread for the month
    • 1 page Monthly Stats Page 
  7. Weekly Calendar
    • approximately a 2 page spread per week
    • Includes my Life Areas I want to focus on, and My Doodits (Notes, Brain Dump)
    • My Life Areas are God, Home & Family, Work, Self.  Each area I have something I would like to accomplish.  It's basically like asking myself "What am I doing for God, my Home and Family, work, and myself?"
  8. Measurements Page
    • approximately 1-2 pages
    • to help me keep track of my measurements monthly and to see my progress
  9. Goals & Intentions 
    • approximately 4 pages
    • a list of goals and intentions, things I would like to accomplish or complete
  10. What Works 
    • approximately 2-4 pages
    • I highly recommend everyone to incorporate this into their journaling!
    • This is a forever, ongoing list of things that I know what works for me as well as a constant reminder that it will be okay when things get rocky or disorganized.  I can just flip to this page and remember what works!  I know being organized helps me stay on track so I would write organizing  on  my What Works page!
  11. The Truth
    • approximately 2-4 pages
    • I also highly recommend everyone to incorporate this into their everyday lives!  This is where I write positive things about myself, that I know are true but sometimes find it hard to accept sometimes, or don't want to believe.  The Truth will Set Your Free! For example, I am unique and different as God intended!  Therefore I don't need to worry about not having the perfect body, God made me the way I am for a Reason!
  12. Wants
    • approximately 2-5 pages
    • This is a list of things I would like to purchase or get one day.  This can include music, books, crafts, anything.  Just a list of stuff you may think you might want one day.

If you decide to make your own DIY Planner, make sure you share your pics! Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment