Friday, June 5, 2015

Body Measurement Tracker

When anyone begins any kind of exercise, diet, or even just weight loss program, I think it's great to have proof of your transformation!  I find it really informative and exciting when I compare measurements from when I started a program to when I can visually see a difference on my body!  The only thing I find difficulty in is what I should be measuring!  So I did a little search online and found this page that had some basic information on measuring tips!  At Lose Baby Weight  there is a simple, understandable list of tips on how to properly measure your body.  I believe this is a great start to help me see my progress as I venture along in my healthy, weight-loss journey!

A Simple Overview on how to take body measurements:

Breast
Measure the fullest part of the breast by wrapping the tape measure around your breast.

Chest
This is the area where your bra line is.  

Waist
This is the area where you bend over, which is usually above your belly button.

Stomach
Use your belly button as a guide for this area.

Hips
Use the widest part of your hips for this measurement.

Thighs
Use the fullest part of your thigh for this measurement.

Upper Arms
Use the fullest part of the arm for point of measure. 

Calves
Use the largest part of your lower leg for this measurement.



Notes:


  • Your dominant side may and will be larger than your non-dominant side depending on how much you use that muscle, so I recommend that you measure both left and right sides for accurate results.
  • Worry less about what the scale says and focus on building muscle!  But just for the record, weight yourself monthly so you can have it as a reference.  You can gain pure lean muscle and lose fat but your poundage on the scale will rise still.  So don't worry about what the number says right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment