Thursday, June 25, 2015

Recipe: Low Carb Mini Pizza's




Momma G's 
Low Carb Mini Pizzas
(with crunchy crust)



For over 2 months, I have been on a quest to find a Low Carb alternative to the traditional frozen pizza I would find in the grocery store.  Of course, many of the low carb alternative recipes called for homemade "crust" which actually turned out to be pretty soft "crust" that you would have to eat with a fork or "crust" that just didn't taste right!  

Well, I believe I have found a solution to my "crust" pizza issue that satisfies my bread craving!  I just had to think outside the box!  In the past I tried the cream cheese crust alternative and the cauliflower crust alternative and yes they do work, but they just didn't satisfy that crunch that I was looking for.  

Surprise!  I had a blonde moment!  It took me 2 months to realize that the solution to my crust issue was right in front of me, in my fridge the entire time!  Drum roll!  The winner is... Kroger brand sandwich slims!  Yes, sandwich slims non the less!  Yep, I had an aha moment!  Needless to say, I will enjoy my homemade mini pizzas a lot more now that I have an actual crust to crunch into!  


So how did I make these wonderful mini pizzas? I thought you'd never ask!  I basically used sandwich slims as the crust then added marinara sauce, yes I said marinara sauce, not pizza sauce then added whatever toppings I wanted. Below you will find what ingredients I used and directions on making your crust crunchy!  

Ingredients
4 oz ground beef
4 slices Oscar Meyer Turkey bacon
2 Kroger Sandwich Slims (4 total crust rounds/ 2 whole slims)
1/4 c Simple Truth marinara sauce
1/2 c Kraft Shredded Mozzarella cheese
12 Hormel Natural Choice, No Preservatives, uncured pepperonis

Direction
1.  Start by browning your ground beef in a pan, drain, and then set to the side
2.  Foil a baking sheet and spray with nonstick canola oil.
3.  Place 4 sandwich slims on foil and add 1 Tbsp of Mariana sauce to each slim.
4.  Place 4 slices of turkey bacon in microwave and cook as directed while you put your layer of ground beef on top of your marinara sauce.
5. Once bacon has cooled, break up bacon in crumbs to where you place 1 slice of bacon on each slim.
6.  Next top about 2 TBS of shredded cheese per sandwich slim.
7.  Then add about 3 pepperonis per sandwich slim.
8.  Place mini pizzas in oven and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted or sandwich slim has darkened.

Serve & Enjoy!


Nutritional Information
All calories and carbs are approximate!  Please check your nutritional panel for nutritional facts and figure accordingly. 
*Ingredients & Nutritional Values can change*

Ingredient                                Calories              Carbs
Ground beef                              380                       0
Bacon                                        140                       0
Wheat Slims (2 whole)            180                       40
Marinara Sauce                        35                         5
Mozzarella Cheese                   160                       2
Pepperoni                                 108                       0   
                                              ____________________
                                                  1003                   47

Divide by 4 mini pizzas=          251                     12


So when it comes down to it, 1 mini pizza comes out to approximately 251 calories and only 12 carbs!  If you're thinking the calories are too much, you can substitute any topping or sauce for a lower calorie version.  The possibilities are endless!   

*Note* I've used Honey Wheat Sandwich Slims because they are lower in carb count!




No comments:

Post a Comment